Today was one of those days where I spent lots of time cleaning and picking up and putting things away and picking up again and cleaning, etc.
Have you ever heard that expression “Cleaning while your children are still growing is like shoveling snow while it is still snowing? ” Or something like that…I disagree, there are lots of reasons why I clean. Here are my top 10
1. Because the baby will use the potty seat for a hula hoop
2. Because when helping “do the dishes” the kids will drink water out of the dirty cups and lick the dirty silverware.
3. Because there will be a tantrum on that floor at least once today. Probably more than once.
4. Because there will be pee on ______. If you have children, go ahead and fill in the blank with whatever you feel is most relevant. 🙂
5. Speaking of #4, cleaning up my least favorite thing out of the bathtub to the screams of “Mommy, save Strawberry Shortcake!” If you don’t know what I am talking about, thank God and you probably don’t have kids.
6. Because someone has to clean the hot cocoa off of hubby’s office computer monitor that the baby filled up with noodles and then decided to fling off of the table.
7. Play-doh + carpet in the dining room = I like to vacuum
8. Kids + carpet in the dining room = who builds a house with carpet in the dining room!?!
9. Because there is nothing more disgusting than fishing something that doesn’t belong in a toilet out of a toilet that hasn’t been cleaned in a while.
10. Because If I don’t pick it up, someone will find it and put it in their mouth. The end.
Why do you clean?