This was a really yummy fall meal. I would definitely make it again. It is based on a recipe I got in the King Soopers flier with the coupons. Love those coupons.
Maple Roasted Chicken with vegetables
full of autumn flavors
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs or drumsticks (I used boneless skinless chicken breast pieces)
- 2 C baby carrots or big ones cut up into 1 inch pieces
- 3 C sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 onion red or white,
- 3/4 C real maple syrup
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- poultry seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TB fresh thyme chopped (I used dried)
- Arrange the chicken in a glass baking dish (I used 9 x 13) and sprinkle with poultry seasoing and salt/pepper. Add veggies, I put the onion in large slices so I could remove it after cooking. We like the flavor it adds, but don’t care to eat the cooked onion. Combine syrup, oil, and vinegar and drizzle over all. Toss to coat.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30 min and then remove foil, stir, and cook about 15-30 min longer or until the chicken is golden brown and a meat thermometer registers 165. Let stand covered with foil for 5 minutes before serving. Yum.
Search, share, and cook your recipes on Mac OS X with SousChef